We Are All Inherently Honest


A few days ago someone stole my wallet in Bangalore. It had my PAN card, so I was worried about losing it than a few bucks which I had in my wallet. I flew back home to chennai immediately. The moment I reached home, I received a call from my landlord saying that he received a letter by a Speed Post. I rushed to his place and opened the letter. My lost card was in it with a note of kannadiga, advising that such important documents must not be carried in a wallet, returned my card. Luckily, the habit of carrying my postal address helped me to retrieve my lost card.

      This gesture had me thinking. The person who returned my card didn't return nearly Rs. 500 that were in wallet. But he returned what was much more important to me. Despite being a thief, he had a prick of conscience that made him return my document. This strengthens the belief that basically every human being is good. A Man is inherently Honest. Circumstances make him dishonest or an outlaw. That's why we must hate the sin and not the sinner.

       There's maximum in Buddhism, 'Everyone is the Buddha because everyone has compassion'. Yes everyone of us is the Buddha because we're all compassionate. That's the reason, the law of all over the world believes that no person is Irretrievably bad. Reformation is possible at any juncture, age and stage. Change of heart may happen anytime.

"Hate the Sin and not the Sinner, we're all inherently Honest".





-Livintha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bird's Eye View

Happiness is Little Things ☺